Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Milestones

I'm A Junior!

August 13th, Friday, marked my third year in PS. I suddenly thought of my co-PS batch 15's. Saan na kaya sila? I'm the only one left in my account. How fast time flies! Seems like yesterday when I sent my application to HR via email just for the heck of it. I was one of those professional jobhunters but wasn't serious about applying in PS then - trip lang. I don't remember exactly why - maybe it's because I don't want to work in Makati. I was also eyeing on a teaching position in AMA. I wanted to teach geek stuff - C / C++ programming to be exact. But that same day I emailed, PS peeps replied telling me to contact them to schedule for an exam. The next thing I know, they're calling me at my cellphone for a final interview. Wow, I felt like a VIP. Hehe. So after two weeks from my application date, I got hired as an eRep - my very first job. I was nailed in this position for 2 years and 8 months.

Now I'm a proud trainer - the long wait paid off (and believe it or not, hanggang ngayon may nagpapalibre pa - when will the hurting stop???). It's a lot of hard work but it's my kind of hard work. Nico once said, "grabe Myls, ang tiyaga mo!" Yes, I am. I don't easily give up. I see to it that I enjoy my work. When I was a rep, I got so tired of taking calls and processing emails, swinging from one shift to another, but I was still doing good - not to mention months of 100% schedule adherence (wink! wink!). I'm the type who wouldn't care about responsibility as long as it's a fun and friendly workplace. I meet toxic people at work but they don't affect me. A lot have left, some still stayed. They say it's too much pressure. But what job isn't difficult? Which company doesn't have politics?

I always tell my students, "Sometimes you may not enjoy your customers but you will definitely enjoy the people you work with."

Heller... eh may Perfect dito, merong (Angel), merong Tin da Boxer, merong Ayn DJ, merong Cesxy, Kiwi Boy, Nomoreouchie, Colin Farrel...etc... san ka pa????




Milestones


Congratulations!!!


August 7: ... to Katch & Jo for a bouncing baby Igo!


Happy Birthday!!!

August 12: Marcus a.k.a. Colin Farrel



August 13: Gelo V.


August 15: Irene

August 23: Mama (grandma)

August 30: Megan

No comments: