Thursday, December 23, 2004

"I Think I'm Gana Cry"

Before my birthday, Jon YM'ed me asking for a badminton game on Sunday (my birthday) at 9am. Without thinking twice, I had to turn down the offer because I had to go to church that day. I thought it would just be like any other badminton game we would have afterwork, which we can easily reschedule.

Just now, I'm chatting with Tin through YM, telling her about Bailey's and how perfect it would be for Christmas. Then I told her about this badminton game gift voucher they made which came with the bottle of Bailey's. It's custom-made, printed on parchment and had their names, where they were supposed to affix their signatures. I only found Tin's signature there. So I told her that it was a good idea but would've been perfect if they all signed it. She agreed. Then I suddenly had this strange inkling. It never occurred to me that Jon doing the asking would mean that there is something going on. Game at 9:00am??! I asked Tin if that gift voucher had something to do with Jon's YM. The answer: Yes.

[shocked] [touched] Darn!

Tin said that everyone's going for the plan and it was supposed to be a surprise for me. I was the last person they asked but upon learning that I will be going to church, they didn't attempt to convince me anymore. Actually had they convinced me, I would've attended an earlier church service and went straight to the court after.

Aaaaaw. I'm sooo touched, I think I'm going to cry. It's becoming a tradition for us to give a surprise to whoever is going to be celebrating his/her birthday. It started with Belle last September when we held a surprise dinner for her at Dencio's and we gave her a Powerbooks GC. The second one was for Jon last October when we gave him a surprise breakfast and a badminton racquet. Still, I never expected they would surprise me on my birthday. I thought we were all just going to meet at the Christmas party, have drinks afterwards and that's it. But right now, I'm just so overwhelmed. This has been a great year for me.

I can never tell you how much I appreciate it. I'm so blessed to have friends like you. You guys are simply the best - the perfect Christmas gift :o)

No comments: