Sunday, February 20, 2005

phantom...yet again!

Phantom Fanatic

"I have brought you... to the seat of sweet music's throne... to this kingdom where all must pay homage to music... music...", sings the Phantom to Christine. Then suddenly my silent cellphone flashes. I picked it up, not realizing my voice was too loud, "Aries!... yah just one CD... hulaan mo kung nasan ako... (nasan ka?) Phantom!... (again?!) eh kinakabisado namin eh!... (who are you with?) Jinggay..."

It was my third time last Saturday to watch it and don't be surprised if I watch it again. It's just so addictive! The second time I watched it, I bought the soundtrack after getting out of the theatre. And now I'm reading the book.

I'm torn... so sino ba talaga sa kanila ang kras ko? Si Raoul o ang Phantom? Hehehe...


Favorite scene # 1: Christine and Raoul sings "All I Ask of You". I never realized how beautiful that song was until I watched this movie.

Favorite scene # 2: Christine and the Phantom sings "The Phantom of the Opera". Love the Phantom's appearance in the mirror and check out those candelabras!

Favorite scene # 3: Christine and the Phantom sings "Point of No Return". Sexy. Nuff said.

Favorite scene # 4: Christine visits her father's grave and sings "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again". Pero I think, hindi ako pupunta sa ganong cemetery. Katakot! Hehehe.

Favorite scene # 5: The Masquerade Ball. The best! Everything in it - the choreography, the costumes, especially the Phantom's costume -- love the mask!


Favorite scene # 6: Overture. But of course! The scene where the chandelier was being raised and then going on flashback was so haunting that I thought the whole movie's going to be scary. It's not scary but definitely haunting!

Have you seen it? You should!!! Bilis, now na! :-p


All I Ask Of You

RAOUL
No more talk of darkness,
Forget these wide-eyed fears.
I'm here, nothing can harm you -
my words will warm and calm you.
Let me be your freedom,
let daylight dry -your tears.
I'm here, with you, beside you,
to guard you and to guide you . . .
CHRISTINE
Say you love me every waking moment,
turn my head with talk of summertime . . .
Say you need me with you,
now and always . . .
promise me that all you say is true -
that's all I ask of you . . .
RAOUL
Let me be your shelter,
let me be your light.
You're safe, no-one will find you
your fears are far behind you . . .
CHRISTINE
All I want is freedom,
a world with no more night . . .
and you always beside me
to hold me and to hide me . . .
RAOUL
Then say you'll share with me
one love, one lifetime . . .
Iet me lead you from your solitude . . .
Say you need me with you here, beside you . . .
anywhere you go, let me go too -
Christine, that's all I ask of you . . .
CHRISTINE
Say you'll share with me
one love, one lifetime . . .
say the word and I will follow you . . .
BOTH
Share each day with me,
each night, each morning . . .
CHRISTINE
Say you love me . . .
RAOUL
You know I do . . .
BOTH
Love me - that's all I ask of you . . .
(They kiss)
Anywhere you go let me go too . . .
Love me - that's all I ask of you . .
(CHRISTINE starts from her reverie)
CHRISTINE
I must go - they'll wonder where I am . . .
wait for me, Raoul!
RAOUL
Christine, I love you!
CHRISTINE
Order your fine horses!
Be with them at the door!
RAOUL
And soon you'll be beside me!
CHRISTINE
You'll guard me, and you'll guide me . . .
(They hurry off. The PHANTOM emerges from
behind the statue)

No comments: