Thursday, April 28, 2005

Wala lang. Naisip ko lang.

Last week's issue of our team's own version of "employees of the week" featured yours truly and a good friend of mine. It's a Q & A thing they'd ask us to answer and then it gets published. One question goes, "How many boyfriends have you had?" and I thought, "haaaay, sasagutin ko na naman ang tanong na to'... kakasawa na." No offense to the editor though.

Usually, after I give the answer to that when I'm asked in person, people would get surprised. Hah! Well I surprise myself too sometimes. Then they would start to ask why. Little do they know, that's the same question I'm also asking myself. At nakakasawa na ha. But it comes; can't avoid it. And when I start answering, they would always follow up with the famous "we all have our own time". Did my statement lack the punctuation mark "."? Why the follow-up?

Sure. Even if it sounds BS, I believe it. If I want it, then it could be true. I even appreciate the people who've said it to me. But I'm all grown up. I know that already. I've lost count of the number of times I've been told, "yours will come too". And I don't want to hear it anymore. Grabe. I never thought it could be a torture. I don't mean to sound ungrateful. I'm not.

The thing is, when I do find someone really nice and everyone would think the same, it turns out to be:

"There goes ANOTHER one."

And that's me saying that. And just like the worn out line, this one's going to Eloy's too. It's like when I eat too much sweets, or when I smell leche flan, nakakasuya. And it's like when I hear "Christmas In Our Hearts" which my elementary and high school teachers would make a national anthem of. Di ba? Tell me, sinong hindi nato-torture ng kantang ito? Hehe...

Oh well... wala lang. Naisip ko lang. :op

No comments: