Friday, August 29, 2008

Saved By The Ben

It's been so difficult at the office lately with stuff I need to look after, and some of them I unintentionally neglect. At some point I would wonder if it's something medical. Do I need to go see a doctor? Or do I just need to get an almost impossible "enough sleep"? Pressure is everywhere and I silently scream for relief-- a most awaited break (wherever that is).

Last night was the first time in a very long time that I really dreaded going to work. If only I can opt not to get out of bed anytime I want to. But I looked forward to the end of day when I will be on a short trip with my friends to visit another friend. I thought that would relieve my stress. Unfortunately and much to my disappointment, I had to pass since they wanted to go at 4, and it was too early for me to get off work. It got me so upset that I had to put my shades on as I work and tears started rolling down my face. Yes, I cry when I'm upset.

So this morning, I only overstayed for 30 minutes (as opposed to the usual 3 to 4 hours) and decided to head out. I thought I needed something to get my mind off work, so I texted Steven who's currently on his way home to mom. We had so much fun exchanging silly and serious stuff about whatever until I reached the few last stations of the MRT. Then most unexpectedly, he texted:

"Oh and I never had the chance to tell you thanks for being such a great friend despite my bluntness and stubborness... just thought I'd do so... :)"
He's never neeeever ever cheesy when it comes to me, so guess what-- I almost cried. I had to control it! Obviously, I was so touched.

In fairness Steven ha, magaling ang timing! Thank you so much :-)

No comments: