Saturday, May 14, 2005

Back to my AWESOME Unky Mood.

That's right, I'm back to my "awesome" unky mood again hehe. Just when I'm recovering from a frustrated beach trip. I was reading the training nominees for the Quality & Training Award that the company's currently promoting. Simply put, it's an "anybody can nominate anybody" thing and it goes to anyone who's excelled in their current positions. They give the final award to only one person per service delivery department.

I had been writing one for my good friend, and working on it since yesterday - filling out the nomination form, gathering team stats - the works. I was planning to keep it a secret and leave it like that. He's a supervisor of one of the accounts I'm handling and it's an understatement to say that he's doing an amazing job. Anyone's going to agree with me on this.

When he saw me reading the announcement of some of the QT Award nominees, we started to chat about it. To my surprise, he suddenly said, "I nominated you." Whoa! Come again? Hehe. I had to say, "No. Really. You're kidding." and his all-time-smiling face is serious about it. He did nominate me! Shock got into me that I could only utter a simple "aaaw, thanks!" but with a big smile on my face (bawal mag-smile bukas!).

Hah! And I thought I was the sneaky one! Wow! I never expected anyone would do that. Aaaaaww! I'm so overwhelmed that some 15 minutes after we said bye wishing each other a happy weekend, I just had to text thanking him again and I told him that even if I won't bag that award, it still means a lot to be appreciated like that. And his royal humbleness replied, "Pls. don't thank me. You deserve it!" Wala kong' masabi sa taong to.

But guess what, little did he know, I've also submitted my 2-day "project" nomination for him before I left. And I just had to tell him about it out of excitement. Hehe. Spoiler! But who cares? His "Ate Myls" is now feeling proud and moved. I suddenly forgot my frustration for the past 2 weeks. Off the top of my head is the thought that I'm going to have more than a happy weekend. *Sigh* I'm already feeling like a winner!

And allow me to replicate that to y'all... have an awesome weekend everyone! :o) Should you bump into someone "smiling like a fool", that would be me. Hehe...

No comments: